Friday 12 December 2008

Confidence and Egoboo (and a pub crawl too)

A letter arrived today confirming that I do indeed have an interview next week. Fingers are very much crossed. I'm not going to say any more in case I jinx it.

Last night, I went out on a normal night out en-femme. By normal I mean not Goth or Alternative or even Gay. It was also the first time some of my friends had met Sadie (though they knew about - I just hadn't been very glamourous because of circumstances). Town was very busy as it was late night shopping, this also meant that most of the pubs were busy too. The first pub we tried (The Angel) had an Open Mic and not fancying trying to talk over poetry we then moved on to The Ship. This wasn't too busy, but did contain the Postgraduate Physics dinner. As the physicist in our group didn't want to associate with drunken Russians we moved on again to try the City Gate. This turned out to be full of Carol singers. So finally we ended up at the White Hart where a good time was had. Pictures were taken and might get posted later.

All this meant I clocked up about two miles in heels, some of the terrain was a bit rough going with odd slopes, 'Blunkets' and poorly maintained pavement. To this end I have a nice blister on my toe!

All of my friends said that they'd like Sadie to come out more often. I think girl nights out will happen a lot more frequently from now on.

And as I haven't done a 'Today I am Wearing' for a bit last nights outfit was.

  • Black Jeans
  • Knee high boots
  • Long sleeve top
  • Pink and black hooded top
  • Pinstripe Coat
  • Leather Gloves
  • Black Scarf
  • Black knit beret style hat


It was rather cold - though at least not cold, wet and windy like tonight!

No comments: