Thursday 5 February 2009

This Week I have been mostly.

Well they say bad things come in threes and Monday was just one of those days. After a manic (snow issues) day at work I decided to unwind with a bit of geeking. So I take the big HDD out of the pc and put in the old Duron I acquired from the parents with the aim of using it as a Server. Start working out if I can install from a USB stick and find that my Apple Keyboard doesn't work with it. It appears that you have to use an old keyboard to enable USB keyboards. I don't have one of those :( But then I had to abandon the project when I realised Windows Home Server needs a 1GHz chip, my Duron is only 800MHz.

Secondly the paint is coming down in my bathroom. I suspect that the builders did just the bear minimum when it came to decorating because I'd have longer, steamier showers at the parents without problems! So I'll be spending one of my days off next week doing that.

Thirdly the water tank decided to have cock of ball issues in the night and consequentially started to overflow. Thankfully I woke up early for some reason, heard it and so wrestled naked with the cock until it behaved itself. (I've had to do that once before as well so know how to sort it!) I then went back to bed!

Oh and did I mention that it snowed.

DSCN1209 DSCN1211

Yesterday I decided to go in search of more snow. And drove down the A38 to Haytor. I’d have strayed further from the car had it not picked that moment to start blizzarding!

DSCN1214 DSCN1215 DSCN1216 DSCN1217 DSCN1218 DSCN1219

I then drove down to Widecombe-in-the-Moor – famous for THAT folk song

DSCN1220

Finding not much there (it wasn’t fair day) I then headed back home, taking a few more pictures on the way

DSCN1221 DSCN1222 DSCN1223 DSCN1224 DSCN1225 DSCN1226

 

And today I’ve had a very very busy day at work.

(Also I’m trying to write this is using Windows Live Writer – which allegedly supports LJ!)

No comments: