Thursday 9 September 2010

A mixture of bad and good

Things haven't been going too well for me recently. There have been a few issues with work recently so I've been searching for something better with a renewed vigor. I did find something very similar to my previous job advertised on an agency website over the weekend so on Monday I dressed all smart boi* and went into see the agency. The job had already gone, but they reckon they could find me something, but I need to show them a passport (which was at the parents), so am going back today to register and see what they can do.

I returned home from work on Tuesday to find that the PC had stopped working again, it looks like the last fault was a hardware failure in progress and now the hard disk with all my photos and music is now little more then a shiny metal brick. On top of the recent things with work this proved a bit too much and left me bawling my eyes out. I decided it might be a good idea if I got out of the flat for a bit until I could calm down. So I rang my friend Vinnie as I knew he'd be around and his company was very much appreciated. On reflection, I've decided to abandon the PC for a bit, and will buy a new hard disk later this month and start rebuilding the music collection (mostly have stuff on CD), and as for the photos, well I still have my memories. Plus I have two shiny cameras and enjoy taking photos, I shall have to take many many more!

Yesterday wasn't entirely successful either, I had a contact lens fitting in town. All was going well until the optician took the lenses out. I'm not sure why but I went into shock, it took about 5 mins for my vision to return to clarity, and for me to stop sweating. The Optician did say that some people react that way the first time, and maybe to try again in a few months time. Plus he had fantastic music taste!

I've also had my two latest purchases arrive. A little black dress from ebay and some suede-ish thigh high pointy boots from Very. I figured they might give a bit more confidence in the boi/girlfriend hunt!


Not the best photo, I need a camera person (and probably shouldn't have used the phone cam!

*I should probably work on a girl suit, but as a part time trans type I do need to keep some boi stuff, not quite ready for full time.

No comments: