Sunday 30 November 2008

The Geek vs The Glamour

For the past few days I've been considering whether to buy a new camera for the VLogs or a new pair of boots. I've been truly torn between my glamdiva self and my inner geek.

I'd been looking at a small camcorder for doing the VLogs, nothing too fancy but something with a rotatable screen (so I'm not tied to the mirror and can aim properly when outside) and had settled on a £120 Toshiba model.

The other option was boots, I'd seen a rather nice pair of over the knee boots in the Pleaser range for about £80, but then came emails like this.
Unless you have been living in the Amazon jungle for the last year you couldn't help but notice that the £ has been taking a severe battering by the $ and Euro. We have swallowed the losses for months hoping that the £ would go up (which it hasn't). We cannot afford take the 25% mark-down on the currency any longer so, from midnight Sunday (Monday morning) the prices will have to rise by 25% on, Demonia, Pleaser & Devious footwear and Laughing Vampire clothing.

So most of the bootsellers are raising their prices, oh well, boots will have to wait

So camcorder it is, only Amazon are out of stock and estimated delivery is somewhere between mid December and mid January - still Me in High Definition might be worth it ;)

No comments: