Saturday 1 November 2008

Halloween

Yesterday was another step further for me as I was brave enough to go out for a short (more due to my feet not being used to boots without platform soles) walk around the block. I did get a few looks as my style is still slightly unconventional by the standards of this city (its not known for it's fashion sense) but my confidence is growing and as my feet become more accustomed to walking without a cushioning platform then I'll stretch further. I decided to wear one of the new coats with a sweater and large belt, black jeans tucked into knee high boots. I topped off the look with a fuzzy scarf and leather opera gloves going under the coat's three quarter sleeves.

I had my first night out for a while last night (I mostly work shifts and am invariably working late whenever anything good is on). Drusilla and I took a trip to the halloween party at C103 in Plymouth. I decided to go androgynous rather then all out girl, the club is in a very dubious area of Plymouth and I wasn't sure how close we could park, in the end it wasn't an issue. Though I think the look suited me. After a while queuing in the cold outside we spent the night monsterwatching (like peoplewatching but monsters), spotting amongst others: Bananaman, Darth Vader (and Stormtroopers), Bender, Batman and Robin, Frank-n-furter, Facebook (yes really!), Slipknot, American Magee's Alice and Beetlejuice. We left about 3 to drive back to Exe. Finally getting in about 4:30 *exhausted etc*

Is a pity that the next good looking night out is Deviant UK - and I'm working :(

Today I've not bothered to glam, just wrapped up in much fleeceage, might be out later (Alternative 80's night at one of the local bars) and will see what I can cook up :)

No comments: